Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm back so soon!

Hehe! Hello again after a few minutes. Hey! I just broke my record of posting my next post several days after the previous post!

I am here to post an excerpt of the script of the Will and Grace episode I typed about two posts ago. I'll give a brief back ground:

- AA means Alcoholic Anonymous, a therapy for alcoholics who desire to stop their drinking habits
- Val is, I think, a long-time-no-see friend of Grace; they met on an AA meeting
- Rosario is Karen's maid

SCENE V: Grace Adler Designs

[GRACE IS AT HER DESK WORKING. KAREN IS TALKING TO ROSARIO ON THE PHONE.]

KAREN: [ON PHONE] Oh, Rosie. What do you mean you forgot to TiVo "One Life to Live?" [SIGHS] Damn it, woman! After my body accepts your liver, I am through with you!

[KAREN SMACKS THE PHONE ON THE DESK AND THEN SLAMS IT ON THE RECEIVER.]

GRACE: Don't get so worked up, Karen. Just take it one day at a time.

[KAREN LOOKS UP AT GRACE, AND EYES HER SUSPICIOUSLY.]

KAREN: What did you say?

GRACE: I said take it one day at a time.

KAREN: One hoo at a ha?

GRACE: You know, easy does it. Let go and let God.

KAREN: Where did you hear that? Who taught you that hate speech?

GRACE: I've been going to AA meetings.

KAREN: Grace, how could you? AA goes against everything that I believe to be good and pure in this world.

GRACE: It's just a really great place to vent, and I always feel better afterwards. It's like therapy, but instead of paying, they just ask that you give a donation, which I'm not gonna do, 'cause I'm not an alcoholic.

KAREN: Yeah. Well, it's a cult, I tell ya. Mm-hmm, just like the Moonies or the homosexuals or the elderly!

[VAL ENTERS THE OFFICE.]

VAL: Hey, Grace! You ready for our meeting? Ooh, I'm so excited, 'cause we're gonna have a special guest speaker today. I can't tell you who it is, but I'll give you a hint. He starred in the "Dick Van Dyke Show."

KAREN: [TO VAL] You. I should have known. Only a nutcase like you could be behind this.

VAL: Karen, I know that we've had some harsh words in the past, and I really do hope that you'll forgive me.

[KAREN SIGHS.]

VAL: It was the drink talking.

KAREN: Yeah. Well, now my drink's talkin'...

[KAREN HOLDS UP HER MARTINI GLASS AND WIGGLES IT AROUND.]

KAREN: and it's sayin', "Drink me. I make life more fun. Everybody from a high school kid to a bum on the street knows that."

VAL: You know what? I'm not even tempted by that.

KAREN: Hmm?

[KAREN PUSHES HER DRINK IN VAL'S FACE.]

VAL: Come on, Grace. We gotta get out of here.

[VAL RUNS OUT OF THE OFFICE.]

KAREN: Oh, come on, Grace. Please don't go. I can't afford to lose one more drinking buddy to this disease.

GRACE: I'm sorry, Karen. It's just such a set deal. Free therapy and free food? I mean, for Jews it's like hitting the lottery.


The whole script of that episode is available in: http://www.durfee.net/will/scripts/s0703.htm