Monday, April 24, 2006

Sa Likod ng mga Tala ni Darna

Ooops I did it again. Been dead for a while again. I just cannot think of anything worth posting these past few days. I just had to wait for the first week of Summer IT training to finish so I can talk about something. And here it goes...

At last, after being stagnant from practical programming for three years, my mind was enriched with MySQL integrated in PHP. Finally! Something worth including in the resume. I now know how forums work. We were actually tasked to make our own forums as exercises. It was daunting, but satisfying at the end. There are a few bugs and other imperfections, but we'll learn.

Next week, it's going to be Java. And I really think we shouldn't miss it. However, just a while ago, five of us discovered that we might miss it. We, the five, were chosen to be exposed to the local but real IT industry - the only IT industry in ZC, which is OMED. Our "training" was scheduled up to the two weeks when Jave training will also take place. Are they kidding us?! We can't sacrifice the chance of quenching our thirst for Java for this "training" - a "training" where we will be "trained" to TEST a system that we didn't even create!! What an insult! The school sent the top five CS 312 students to the company just to do the menial job of FUNCTIONAL TESTING?! I... don't want to say anything about this. I confessed this to the moderator just a minute ago and she said it's fine. At least we get the chance to experience the real thing and say, "Ah! Ganito pala ang nangyayari dito..." Maybe I'm prejudging too much. We'll have to see tomorrow.

In the meantime, OMED is trying to fix the schedule so it will not conflict with the Java training. Well they should!

So here is something that is actually related to the post title.



Narda by Kamikazee... When this first came out, I really didn't care about this. But my younger brother always sang it. So I noticed it. It became more interesting when I received this text message joke one night from a friend:

Napakahalay naman ng mga awitin sa kasalukuyang panahon.. Tulad ng Narda ng Kamikazee: "s likd ng mga tala kht sulyap lng darna"

e db may star sa bra ni Darna?

I did not realize that until that night. I thought that the "tala" in the song refers to real stars. But it may mean they wanted to see what is, or rather ARE, behind Darna's stars. Napakahalay nga!

Hmmmm... What if may tala rin sa panty niya...

0 comments: