Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Not Another PC Disaster!

Whew! I thought I'd have to bring this sick PC over to a computer shop again. I don't know what's wrong with this thing! Just two days ago, the PC mysteriously restarted. It could not normally log-in to Windows then. But the Ubuntu was fine. But I can't live with the latter alone. All my important files are in Windows. Plus, I could not connect to the internet through Ubuntu, which is another mystery, not to mention additional frustration!

Then, when I logged-in to Windows in safe mode, it identified the cause of the problem, which is the video card. So I tried to stupidly fix it by cluelessly altering the graphics adapter. After that, the computer did not start at all! If I had involuntary psychokinesis, it could've been triggered by my steaming fury and blasted my PC to smithereens! I wish I have that and do it on deserving people. But then I'm out of topic.

I went to school still boiling with vexation. But later, I was told that since I changed the graphics adapter to use the On Board VGA or something, I'd have to connect my monitor to the old video card. And just last night, arriving here from school, it worked! Then I returned the graphics adapter to the Add-on one, then voila! Here I am again using the Windows, typing this post.

I just realized how ignorant and negligent I am with computer hardware. But then I don't have to worry because I don't prefer to be an engineer or technician. So software, software, software... but still with little hardware of course.

As a student of Computer Science, I should start researching and building a thesis paper hypothesizing that Windows is a jealous OS that wants the computer all to itself. For the love of God! Ubuntu just has a meagre 4 gig, you selfish bitch!

0 comments: